Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just so we're on the same page...

Originally I had a rather lengthy blog about random crap going on in my life. But I've decided to delete it all because I'M REALLY FUCKING PISSED.

Not only was I treated really unfairly all summer at my job, but then I was not told by a human that I was working during the Christmas season. Last I had heard, I was on the waitlist. Then I get a text message from our scheduling program that I was working last weekend, so I had to get all of my crap together after confirming with my supervisors that I was, in fact, working. Now, I'm not pissed that I'm working. I'm upset that I wasn't given a phone call instead of receiving a text message from an automated service. Then, I get scheduled to work a weekend of a show that I asked to have off in my availability. So I send a supervisor a text message...two days ago...and I just heard back. They at least acknowledged it was their fault, but now to make up the hours they messed up, I have to give up going to Christmastown on Saturday with my parents and grandmother, who hasn't been to Busch since the Stone Age. So she and I were just talking about it when she dropped off the newspaper, and she said, "Well, it's a wonder they put up with you taking so much time off for all of your theater stuff." FUCKING. BITCH. I ask for ONE FUCKING WEEKEND OFF every few months. I work Sundays after rehearsals. I work Fridays before classes and rehearsals. I PUT IN 60 HOURS A WEEK WHEN I CAN. And you tell me I should give up the one activity I have in my life that I enjoy so thoroughly so I can sell my soul to the corporate world I loathe so much? NO FUCKING THANKS. Backstage and Theatre is the one thing I have in my life that I do for ME, to keep ME sane...to keep ME from killing other people. It's the one place I can be ME and be loved and appreciated for being ME. I can't do that at work. I have to put on this air of "Oh my gosh, I LOVE working in 110* heat for 15 hours a day! I love guests and all of their stupid shit! I love being overworked, underpaid, and severely underappreciated!" So if you don't want to support me in my theater and stage work, then fine, don't. Don't come to my shows. Don't ask me how my auditions are going. DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. BUT BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU EVER PUT IT DOWN TO MY FACE. Because you will lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment