Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...


Right now I'm taking a break from cleaning my room (still), and I just can't get "The Sound of Music" out of my head. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited to start a show. It almost seems like Sunday can't get here fast enough; the week is dragging along and it's only Wednesday. I guess maybe I'm excited about the fact that it'll be my first starring role and I'll have a bunch of solos, and I get to work with an amazing cast with an amazing co-star, who I met this past Sunday. I think he'll be awesome as the Captain.

But I'm also really nervous. We have a lot fewer rehearsals than we're used to because of August scheduling conflicts, so I'm really hoping I can learn all my lines and blocking in time. I'm sure I will, but I'm still nervous.

On another note, I'm staying at Jess's this weekend while my parents are doing a home exchange to NoVa. I'm sure it'll be awesome if we actually get to see each other :-D But it's sad knowing she's going to be moving up to Boston a lot sooner than originally expected. She's one of my best friends, and I'm just hoping the same won't happen with her that happened with Jamie. I know she's much better at keeping in contact with people, so it might be easier to stay close to her. I guess I'm just scared of losing her. But whatever's meant to be will work itself out in the end.

Busch ended its two-week Spring Break run. As fun as it was, I'm so glad for a break before the season starts up. Just all of the craziness of the hot (and cold) weather, the crowds of people, difficult team members, unexpectedly having to jump in position and Griffon and Alpie...it's tiring. I honestly don't know how I did it last summer. I guess I got so used to it that it just became second nature to be tired and overworked, but for right now, I'm just trying to get used to working full-time again. But I'm certainly looking forward to peak season, don't get me wrong. The possibility of a new partner, a new location, or promotion excites me. I just really hope that if I get transferred, I go to a roller coaster (specifically Griffon or Apollo).

But with all these things starting up soon (work and SoM), it means I'll have less time to spend with Chris. We already see each other so rarely that I worry about never seeing him during the summer. Not having rehearsals or working on Sundays really worked well over the last few months, but I guess now we'll both have to bite the bullet and ask for days off to see each other. I feel bad that my schedule is so hectic that I never see him, and I think he pretends to understand, but I think he just says it to make me happy. I know he misses me (I know I sure miss him like crazy), and I'd be so ecstatic if he'd get an apartment down here. I'd certainly move in with him if he did. But I already know he won't do it because of his job in Richmond, so we'll just have to resign ourselves to strategic planning way ahead of time.

By the way, Julie Andrews pretty much rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment